Friday 5 April 2013

Review || Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray


I use some kind of heat on my hair pretty much everyday, whether that be blow-drying, straightening or curling, and so I really try hard to protect my hair as much as I can.

For a couple of years I used Tresemme's Heat Defence Styling Spray religiously. One day when yet another bottle of this ran out though I decided to go wild and try something new. I didn't want to stretch too far out of my comfort zone, so I opted for another Tresemme product - the Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray. And I'm really glad I did! 

The one thing I didn't really like about the original spray was that it was quite heavy and didn't really work on dry hair - it always left my hair feeling sticky and difficult to work with. With the Keratin Smooth spray though, this just isn't an issue. I'm not sure if it's the different nozzle or the product itself, but this just comes out much more evenly and lightly onto the hair. I can use it on my dry locks the day after I've washed them and it doesn't feel like I have any product in them at all. 

The fact that it's lighter doesn't seem to decrease the quality or effectiveness of the heat protectant, and my hair still feels as moisturised and smooth as it always did after I used the original version. I'll definitely be repurchasing this again and again!

3 comments:

  1. I'm always/still using the heatspray! Thinking about switching to this one too :) x

    Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1823055

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for your comment - you should definitely check this one out if you like the original!

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds good - but i've given up styling my hair! xx

    ReplyDelete